Bolton: Inquest opens into death of elderly man in hospital



An inquest has opened after the death of an elderly man at Royal Bolton Hospital.

Gyula Erno Horvath, of Barcroft Road, Bolton and originally from near Vass in Hungary, was 91 years old when he was taken to the Minerva Road hospital in October this year.

Despite the efforts of healthcare staff, Bolton Coroners Court heard how Mr Horvarth, was died on October 10.

Police Coroners Officer Julie Ann Hyde said: “No police enquiries were conducted as it would appear that there were no suspicious circumstances.”

But Mrs Hyde told the court that concerns had been raised about Mr Horvarth’s treatment and care and the period leading up to his death, which a full inquest will aim to address next year.

A post-mortem examination carried out by Dr Patrick Waugh on October 19 said that Mr Horvarth’s death had been brought on by a large intestinal shock after suffering from a blocked catheter.

Coroner Timothy Brennand ruled that a full hearing will be held next year to establish the facts around Mr Horvarth’s death.

He requested statements from Bolton NHS Foundation Trust and from Mr Horvarth’s GP.

Mr Brennand set a date for the full inquest to be held on Friday March 17 next year.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *