Great Lever family left homeless after electrical fire destroys home



A family have been left homeless after an electrical fire destroyed their home this morning.

A family of seven have been left homeless after an electrical fire from a fridge-freezer destroyed their home on Litherland Road in Great Lever.

Fire crews were called to the fire at 12.30am this morning and were there for around two hours.

There was five children and two adults living in the house who have now had to be rehomed by Bolton at Home.

Bolton Central fire station said: “We had a house fire this morning at 12.30am on Litherland Road in Great Lever.

“No one was injured but they were very lucky to get out, there was five children and two adults.

“They got themselves out prior to us arriving but the whole house has been completely destroyed and they’ve had to be rehoused by Bolton at Home.

“We’ve put the fire down to an electrical fire with a fridge-freezer.

“We were there for about two hours and there were two crews from Bolton Central and one crew from Farnworth who attended.

“They lost everything in the house, and we want to highlight the importance of smoke alarms as that was the reason, they all got out safe and well because the early detection of the smoke alarms alerted the family as they were all in bed asleep.

“Also keeping doors shut was another saving grace for them and gave them extra time to get out.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *