Manchester Christmas Markets are set to return this year for all the festive fun.
Manchester City Council has revealed that the city’s Christmas Markets will begin on Thursday, November 10 and end on Thursday, December 22 this year.
Those who decide to visit can expect to see more than 200 stalls which will be spread across nine sites in Manchester.
#MCRChristmas returns for 2022.🎅
From 10 November – 22 December, experience the magic of the Winter Gardens at Piccadilly and enjoy traditional markets across the city centre.
Expect festive lights, food, drink, and fun for the whole family.
— Manchester City Council (@ManCityCouncil) October 21, 2022
What’s on at Manchester Christmas Markets 2022
Manchester City Council has released a full rundown of what will be at the Markets on its website – here’s what you can expect this year.
Winter Gardens (Piccadilly Gardens)
- Festive treats such as churros, vegan bratwursts and different ales plus more
- New Nordic-themed double tipi bar with fire pit (Over 18s)
- Live music and DJs
- Manchester Windmill
There will be accessible changing facilities as well as priority seating for disabled guests.
St Ann’s Square and Exchange Street
- Local traders selling food and drinks including chocolate, cheese, tapas and more
READ MORE: The Alan hotel in Manchester named among best in Britain
READ MORE: Manchester Airport jobs you can apply for in October 2022 and how much you can earn
- Stalls with gifts including jewellery, hats, candles and more
- Get a taste of cuisine from several different countries with foods such as Cannelloni, gyros, halloumi fries and more.
New Cathedral Street
- From ornaments to cocktails, New Cathedral Street has plenty to see.
- The Witch House – currywurst and steins
- Food and drink – Mulled wine, curries, fudge, kebabs, Yorkshire Pudding Wraps and more
The Corn Exchange
- Clothing stalls selling hats, jackets and more
- Other stalls selling pies, cakes and soaps
- Ice rink – open now until Tuesday, January 3, 2022
- Food and drink stalls by the ice rink close on Saturday, December 31
Councillor Pat Karney, lead councillor for Christmas, Manchester City Council, said: “Christmas is looking better than ever this year in Manchester with our world-beating Christmas markets set to open in three weeks’ time, and a whole host of other unmissable free festive treats also coming our way.
“Everyone knows that Manchester does Christmas better than anywhere else and I’ve been counting down the days to the opening of our Christmas markets again since the day they closed last year.
“We’ve got some fantastic new festive additions to the markets this year, as well as some other soon-to-be announced unmissable festive surprises which are set to get everyone in Manchester smiling in the run-up to Christmas. More announcements on this very soon – I can’t wait!”
You can find out more about Manchester Christmas Markets via the Manchester City Council’s website.