Mukesh Ambani is the richest man in India and as of March 2022, According to Forbes he has a Net Worth of US $91.6 Billion. He is the chairman and managing director (CMD) of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), a Fortune Global 500 company and India’s most valuable company by market value. He is also the owner of the Indian Premier League cricket team Mumbai Indians. In 2022, he was ranked by Forbes as the 10th wealthiest person in the world.
In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at Mukesh Ambani’s business ventures, luxury lifestyle, cars, house, investments, etc. to find out how he’s amassed such an impressive fortune.
Mukesh Ambani Net Worth 2022 Explored
Mukesh Ambani’s Business Ventures
Mukesh Ambani has interests in a wide range of businesses, including oil and gas, petrochemicals, textiles, retail, telecommunications, power, and many others. He is the chairman and managing director (CMD) of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), which is India’s largest private sector conglomerate.
Under his leadership, RIL has emerged as a global leader in many businesses, including oil and gas exploration & production, refining & marketing, petrochemicals, textiles, retailing, and telecommunication services.
Some of Mukesh Ambani’s most notable business ventures include:
- Oil & Gas Exploration & Production: RIL is one of the largest private sector oil & gas exploration and production companies in India with interests in over 20 blocks in India and overseas.
- Refining & Marketing: RIL operates the world’s largest crude oil processing facility at Jamnagar in Gujarat with a capacity of 1.24 million barrels per day (BPD).
- Petrochemicals: RIL is a leading player in the Indian petrochemicals industry with interests in aromatics, polymers, and fiber intermediates.
- Textiles: RIL is one of India’s leading textile companies with operations across yarns, fabrics, and garments.
- Retail: RIL through its subsidiary Reliance Retail Limited operates one of India’s largest grocery store chains under the brand name ‘Reliance Fresh’.
- Telecommunications: RIL through its wholly owned subsidiary Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited offers 4G VoLTE mobile services under the brand name ‘Jio’. As of March 2020, Jio had acquired a 38% share of the wireless data market and an 18% share of the overall mobile phone market in India.
- Power: RIL through its subsidiary Reliance Power Limited generates electricity from coal, gas & solar power plants across India.
About Mukesh Ambani Early Life
According to Wikipedia Mukesh Ambani Born on April 19, 1957, in Aden, Yemen to Indian parents, Ambani spent his childhood in Mumbai. After completing his schooling at the Cathedral and John Connon School, he enrolled at Stanford University in the United States but dropped out after two years to help his father build Reliance. He started working full-time in 1977 and is now considered one of the most influential businessmen in Asia.
A major philanthropist, Ambani has committed nearly $4 billion to education and social initiatives over the past decade through his Reliance Foundation.
Mukesh Ambani’s Luxury Lifestyle
Mukesh Ambani lives a life of luxury befitting his status as one of the richest men in the world. He resides in Antilia – one of the most expensive homes in the world that is valued at over US$1 billion. Antilia is a 27-story skyscraper located in South Mumbai that features amenities such as nine high-speed elevators, three helipads, six floors reserved for parking cars & 160 cars can be parked there!, a health club & spa, four swimming pools, etc.
In addition to Antilia, Mukesh Ambani also owns several other properties across India & abroad including homes in London & New York City. He also owns a fleet of luxury cars that include Bentley Bentayga (INR 3 crore), Mercedes Benz S Class (INR 1.6 crore), Rolls Royce, BMW 7 Series (INR 1 crore), etc.
With a current net worth of US$91.6 billion$, Mukesh Ambani is not only the richest man in India but also ranks among the richest men in the world. He derives his fortune primarily from his majority stake in the publicly traded company Reliance Industries Limited(RIL). In addition to his stake in RIL, Ambani also has interests in many other businesses ranging from oil and gas exploration, telecommunications and power generation retailing, and textiles amongst others. He also owns some of the most luxurious homes and cars in the world befitting his status as one of the richest men on earth!